Welcome to Rosie's Roses website!
Please take a minute or two to browse the website and find out about how you can help find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis!
We came up with the name "Rosie's Roses" after my daughter Rosie, who, by co-incidence was born with cystic fibrosis and the significance of Roses in the search for a cure for CF -"65 Roses"!
Our Great Strides Walk team is called Rosie's Roses and also my fused glass/craft business to benefit CFF is also called Rosie's Roses!
Life is about taking time to smell the roses!
My daughter Rosie was born with the genetic disorder, Cystic Fibrosis. When she was only 2 days old she had to have part of her intestine removed, we learned 2 weeks later that she had Cystic Fibrosis. The diagnosis was devastating and took many months to accept that "normal" life for Rosie might be different from our idea of "normal". After a rough start she came home from hospital and thanks to the many medications and therapies she takes and does daily she is doing well. As she gets older she faces new diagnosis of diabetes and arthritis. We are faced with many challenges as she gets older and realize in order for her to live a long and healthy life we must do everything we can to help find a cure for her. At the moment there is NO CURE, we want a cure for Rosie and hopefully you can help us find a cure for her and every other family dealing with Cystic Fibrosis
You can do this many ways
- Walk with us or sponsor Team Rosie's Roses in GREAT STRIDES - the third Saturday in May every year.
- Purchase goodies from ROSIE'S ROSES Fused Glass Creations -ALL profits go to The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. You can purchase Rosie's Roses Fused Glass for CF at PJ MacWilliams Bon Bon, Route 101, in Amherst, Pastiche Boutique, The Oval, Milford and Allain Physical Therapy in Bedford, craft fairs at holiday season or email me for more details.
- "Like" our Rosie's Roses, Taste For A Cure For Cystic Fibrosis and Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Facebook pages. Also rosiesroses98 on Instagram!
- Join us at one of our fundraisers - Taste for a Cure, Pampered Chef party, Craft shows.... see links above for more details
- Keep up to date with CF developments at www.cff.org.
This is a typical day for Rosie....CF is more than a cough!
PowerPoint for Taste for a Cure 2014 - made by Rosie!
This is Rosie, only a few days old after she had part of her her bowel removed as a result of miconium Ilius at birth which lead her to being diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. It was a rough start, but after 6 weeks in hospital, she finally came home and has been on meds and treatments for CF ever since then.